Last year instead of making some New Year Resolutions, I decided to write myself a list of things I would like to try and achieve during last year. I achieved 22 out of the 30 and enjoyed the challenge so I am doing another one this year.
I have decided 30 things to achieve is quite a high number so I have toned it down a bit for 2023 and I have listed 20 things I would like to achieve instead.
Here’s my list for 2023…
- Write two small storybooks for my 1-year-old granddaughter. I wrote two for my eldest granddaughter during the lockdown and even managed to sketch all the images in it, so that is a must for 2023.
- With another grandchild only weeks old at the moment I know if I feel inspired then I should continue and also write her two storybooks.
- Write my Dad’s life story for his grandchildren but it will take some time so I am not going to try and finish it by the end of 2023 but at least start it.
- I am seriously thinking of selling my Afternoon Tea4Two Blog so rewriting my first book about this blog is not on my list for 2023.
- Start on a unique range of handmade cards for next Christmas. Watch this space for some images of the ideas I have had on the theme for some handmade cards.
- Watch a movie outside. I didn’t manage it in 2022 so I hope to enjoy one in 2023.
- See another show in London as I enjoyed it so much last year when we went to see Phantom of the Opera.
- Write a lot more letters to old friends this year. A few of my friends have not sent Christmas cards this year which I am sure is partly due to the strikes and also the cost of post, but I would hate to lose touch with some of my oldest friends. One of which is 95 and used to babysit for me when my children were young.
- It’s a big birthday for me next year so I plan to celebrate it in style.
- Start a home study course. I keep looking at photography courses but then I change my mind and look at complementary therapy courses so I will just have to make a decision and start one.
- Increase my daily steps and be more active.
- Do something for a charity.
- Plan Christmas early again like I did this year so I do not end up wearing myself out just before the big day.
- Bake some new recipes. I love baking cakes but I tend to bake loaf cakes and need a bit of inspiration to try something unique and new.
- Focus more on me – some days I get overwhelmed with doing jobs for others instead of myself.
- Visit somewhere new in Sussex.
- Enjoy a walk on a sandy beach ( they are all pebble beaches here).
- Learn a new creative skill – I love knitting and would love to learn how to crochet.
- Shop locally as much as I can.
- Upgrade something in my life.
What are your plans for 2023?